Insomnia !!!! The mere thought of spending another night tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep, frightens anyone.
Anyone who has gone through that situation at some point in their lives perfectly knows the anguish that triggers the associated health problems, fatigue, weakening our immune system, low physical and intellectual performance.
WHO says lack of sleep can also cause a pre-diabetic state making us feel hungry even if just eating and as if all this were not enough, now we know that tumors develop faster when the person suffers sleep disturbances.
Lack of sleep is linked also with the increase in stress-related illnesses such as heart disease, constipation, stomach ulcers and mood disorder such as depression disorders.
To make matters worse, not sleeping enough, it brings about premature to interfere with the production of growth hormone that is released by the pituitary gland during deep sleep aging.
Then “not sleep well” is much more than a nuisance, it’s a problem that can seriously affect our health.
To answer the most frequently asked questions so you can start sleeping well , you can enter the website I go to Doc, in which you find information related to insomnia and other symptoms and health conditions.This is a directory of specialists with whom you can also schedule your appointments online.
Here we also suggest you the following tips:
Tips for sleeping well and rest properly
Get ready for bed
- Eat something high in protein a few hours before going to bed to stimulate the production of melatonin and serotonin.
- Avoid eating just before bedtime , especially if the food contains sugars as blood sugar delayed sleep.
- Do not drink liquids during the 2 hours before bedtime , so you reduce the chances of having to go to the bathroom. And since we are, remember to go to the bathroom just before going to sleep, so you decrease the chances of having to get up at night and disturb sleep.
- Try to build a time sleep routine and stick to it . Go to bed early, know that the body has a rhythm that we should not interrupt. For example your adrenal system is regulated by the sleep-wake cycle.
- Take a hot bath before going to sleep helps relax the temperature change tells the body it’s time to sleep.
- If you have cold feet, used socks in bed . If you have poor circulation because you know that when you get into bed, the first thing that bothers you are cold feet and that is going around and around and difficult to sleep.
- Do not watch TV before bed .
- Establish a routine of relaxation . Some people do meditation, relaxation music others listen or read about spiritual matters, flavoured place, etc. I practice mind control and find that bedtime is a great time to do it.
How to prepare the bedroom to avoid #insomnio
Your sleep sanctuary
- Sleep in a calm, quiet, dark place .
The most living organisms (and that includes humans and plants) are governed by cycles of light and temperature called circadian rhythms . A number of biological processes that are subject to circadian rhythm, including hormone production. A dark place to sleep is important for the light tells your body it’s time to wake up.
- Keeps the temperature of your bedroom less than 21 ° C
room temperature is one of the factors that affect the quality of sleep, concludes a study on the relationship between insomnia and body temperature, a summary can check here .
The temperature optimum is between 16 and 20 ° C, not too cool or too warm.
- Avoid electromagnetic fields
Electromagnetic fields can affect the operation of the pineal gland and the production of melatonin and serotonin. You need to measure Gauss meter.
When I was in hospital architecture in college, showed us that the beds had to place them on the NS axis (a fairly simple solution), especially in psychiatric hospitals.
- Your bed away from electrical devices
is best not to have electrical devices closer than a meter from the bed, that includes the clock. And speaking Box, if you need to use one, ideally not be a very noisy, not good to wake up suddenly.