Insomnia !!!! Now the very thought of spending another night tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep, frightens anyone.
Anyone who has gone through that situation at some point in their lives perfectly knows the anguish that triggers the associated health problems, fatigue, weakening our immune system, low physical and intellectual performance. Lack of good sleep can also cause a pre-diabetic state making us feel hungry even if just eating and as if all this were not enough, now we know that tumors develop faster when the person suffers sleep disturbances.
Lack of good sleep is also linked to the increase in stress-related illnesses such as heart, constipation, stomach ulcers and mood disorder such as depression disorders. To make matters worse, not sleeping enough, it brings about premature to interfere with the production of growth hormone that is released by the pituitary gland during deep sleep aging.
Here we offer you the following tips for good sleep
Get ready for bed for a good sleep
1. Eat something high in protein a few hours before going to bed to stimulate the production of melatonin and serotonin.
2. Avoid eating just before bedtime, especially if the food contains sugars as blood sugar delayed sleep.
3. Do not take fluids during the two hours before going to sleep, so that you can avoid going to bathroom in midnight. And since we are, remember to go to the bathroom just before going to sleep, so you decrease the chances of having to get up at night and disturb sleep.
4. Try to build a time sleep routine and stick to it. Go to bed early, know that the body has a rhythm that we should not interrupt. For example your adrenal system is regulated by the sleep-wake cycle.
5. Take a hot bath before going to sleep helps relax the temperature change tells the body it’s time for a good sleep.
6. If you have cold feet, used socks in bed. If you have poor circulation, you know that when you get into bed, the first thing that bothers you are cold feet and that is going around and around and difficult to sleep.
7. Do not watch TV before bed if you want a good sleep.
8. Establish a routine of relaxation. Some people do meditation, relaxation music others listen or read about spiritual matters, flavored place, etc. I practice mind control and find that bedtime is a great time to do it.
Your sleep sanctuary
1. Sleep in a calm, quiet, dark place.
2. Keep the temperature of your bedroom less than 21 ° C
The temperature of the bedroom is one of the factors that affect the quality of sleep, concludes a study on the relationship between insomnia and body temperature, a summary can check here .
The optimum temperature is between 16 and 20 ° C, not too cool or too warm.
3. Avoid electromagnetic fields
Electromagnetic fields can affect the operation of the pineal gland and the production of melatonin and serotonin. You need to measure Gauss meter.
4. For a good sleep your bed should be away from electrical devices
It is better to have a smaller electrical devices one meter away from the bed, that includes the clock. And speaking Box, if you need to use one, ideally not be a very noisy, not good to wake up suddenly.
1. Avoid caffeine if possible
2. Avoid alcohol
Although alcohol generally makes us sleepy, this effect does not last long and awoke a few hours later from thirst because alcohol dehydrates.
3. Avoid snuff
Well we know that smoking is not good for health. Nicotine also difficult to sleep.
4. Avoid excess weight
Being overweight is not good for sleeping as it can increase the risk of sleep apnea.
5. Exercise regularly
At least 30 minutes of daily exercise especially during the morning can improve sleep because it helps to release tension.
Image Courtesy : butterbeliever